Here are the stories TIME is watching this Friday, July 11.
Doctors found that a Mississippi baby who was thought to be cured of HIV through early medication still has traces of the virus in her blood.
Amazon formally asked for an exemption from the FAA in order to fly drones that would deliver packages in 30 minutes or less.
A flaming ball of space junk the size of a truck lit up the Australian sky.
And finally, no need for “The Decision 2.0,” as this owl predicts which team NBA megastar LeBron James will pick.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.