Here are the stories TIME is watching this Friday, July 11.
Doctors found that a Mississippi baby who was thought to be cured of HIV through early medication still has traces of the virus in her blood.
Amazon formally asked for an exemption from the FAA in order to fly drones that would deliver packages in 30 minutes or less.
A flaming ball of space junk the size of a truck lit up the Australian sky.
And finally, no need for “The Decision 2.0,” as this owl predicts which team NBA megastar LeBron James will pick.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time