Here are the stories TIME is watching this Friday, July 11.
Doctors found that a Mississippi baby who was thought to be cured of HIV through early medication still has traces of the virus in her blood.
Amazon formally asked for an exemption from the FAA in order to fly drones that would deliver packages in 30 minutes or less.
A flaming ball of space junk the size of a truck lit up the Australian sky.
And finally, no need for “The Decision 2.0,” as this owl predicts which team NBA megastar LeBron James will pick.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief