Brazil’s loss to Germany in Tuesday’s World Cup game was a defeat of epic proportions. The 7-1 loss is the largest margin of defeat in the tournament’s semi-finals history.
To be fair though, lopsided scorelines sometimes happen. Just ask the dozens of professional teams who’ve been blown out in the past. Even the Miami Heat, one of the NBA’s current powerhouses, has a stain on their name; in 1991, they lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers 148-80. It’s a blowout record they hold, still.
So in an effort to ease the hearts of Brazil fans, here are 7 other teams who’ve lost in infamous blowouts.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears