Flash back to the moment you first saw Back to the Future Part II, when Marty McFly’s pink hoverboard graced Hollywood with its presence, in a chase scene that will go down in ’80s movie history. You wanted one, right?
Well, now’s your chance to make your childhood dreams come true. That iconic prop will soon be up for auction, reports the Radio Times. So forget spending that $20,000 you have saved up for a mortgage — hop on over to the U.K. and get yourself a hoverboard.
The futuristic skateboard ridden by Michael J. Fox in the 1989 sequel will be auctioned at London’s Vue cinema, for between £10,000 and £15,000 pounds ($17,000 and $26,000).
Don’t have a few grand lying around? You can still drool over the hoverboard in person, if you cross the pond. The Vue will showcase the hoverboard starting Thursday, Oct. 1, until auction day, Oct. 16, said Radio Times.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?