Gather round, all ye Internet nerds, because we’ve got some very exciting news. Homestar Runner — the flash cartoon website created around the turn of the millennium that went viral long before anyone used the word viral — is coming back.
The site’s co-creator Matt Chapman said that he and his brother Mike are now working to develop brand new episodes, Vulture reports. The possibilities are endless, really — but alas, as of right now details are scarce. Chapman did say we’re likely to see a new Strong Bad email segment.
“When we did that April Fools update this year, way more people looked at it than we ever even imagined would have at this point,” Chapman said on this week’s Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show podcast. Turns out that update was a test to see if they could jump back in and continue creating new content.
Of course, we’ll have to be patient, as the brothers Chapman don’t expect the new cartoons to launch until the fall. Still, we’re so pumped we could just liberally apply a bunch of Mountain Dew all over our keyboards out of pure excitement. That, or just dance to some techno:
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief