It’s rumored that Rosie O’Donnell will be returning to The View, and her former co-host on the show, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, says she is not surprised.
O’Donnell and Hasselbeck butted heads often when they were both on the talk show, and while Hasselbeck is not thrilled by the news, she said on Fox & Friends Wednesday that she thinks the deal has “been in the works for a long, long time.”
Hasselbeck told Fox that during a TV special for Barbara Walters’ retirement in May, O’Donnell told her Hasselbeck had helped produce the celebratory show. “Would you think that the woman who left the way that she did would be producing [Walters’] goodbye show? Here’s the shocker: It was actually [O’Donnell’s] hello show,” Hasselbeck said in the interview.
Hasselbeck did not hold back how she felt about O’Donnell’s return, saying: “Here in comes to The View the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network and really in the face of a person who stood by her and had civilized debates for the time that she was there.”
O’Donnell left the talk show in 2007 after only one season.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org