House Speaker John Boehner wants to sue President Barack Obama, but he doesn’t want to impeach him.
“I disagree,” Boehner said Wednesday when asked to respond to an op-ed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin calling on the House to impeach the President. Boehner said last month that the lawsuit House Republicans are planning against Obama was not about impeachment but about “faithfully executing the laws of our country.”
Palin tagged her impeachment call to the President’s immigration policy, writing that the border crisis is “the last straw that makes the battered wife say, ‘no mas.’” On Fox News Tuesday, Palin, the 2008 Republican Vice Presidential nominee, added that House Republicans’ lawsuit would not be a sufficient message to the president.
“You don’t bring a lawsuit to a gunfight,” Palin said. “There’s no place for lawyers on the front lines.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer