House Speaker John Boehner wants to sue President Barack Obama, but he doesn’t want to impeach him.
“I disagree,” Boehner said Wednesday when asked to respond to an op-ed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin calling on the House to impeach the President. Boehner said last month that the lawsuit House Republicans are planning against Obama was not about impeachment but about “faithfully executing the laws of our country.”
Palin tagged her impeachment call to the President’s immigration policy, writing that the border crisis is “the last straw that makes the battered wife say, ‘no mas.’” On Fox News Tuesday, Palin, the 2008 Republican Vice Presidential nominee, added that House Republicans’ lawsuit would not be a sufficient message to the president.
“You don’t bring a lawsuit to a gunfight,” Palin said. “There’s no place for lawyers on the front lines.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time