Crumbs cupcakes are apparently proving that “you don’t know what you got till it’s gone.”
After the specialty cupcake chain closed all its stores on Monday, consumers and media have reacted by declaring the end of the cupcake fad.
But some people don’t seem ready to let go. Someone is selling what is supposedly “the last cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop” on eBay for $250. The cupcake is “Birthday Cake” flavored and a picture of the receipt shows the cupcake was purchased at the 42nd Street store in New York City at 2:43 p.m. on Monday.
The seller called it the “Holy Grail” of cupcakes, and encouraged buyers to “bid on this still-delicious soon-to-be relic, and you’ll be able to tell your grandchildren that you devoured the last Crumbs cupcake.”
So far, the cupcake only has one bid. But it isn’t the only Crumbs item for sale online — another intrepid eBay user is selling a box of three Crumbs cupcakes for $275—quite the deal in comparison. This box includes a red velvet cupcake, a cookies and cream and a peanut butter.
Its description reads: “Crumbs bake shop closed its doors forvever today so gets them while they last and share them with the ones you love.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears