Crumbs cupcakes are apparently proving that “you don’t know what you got till it’s gone.”
After the specialty cupcake chain closed all its stores on Monday, consumers and media have reacted by declaring the end of the cupcake fad.
But some people don’t seem ready to let go. Someone is selling what is supposedly “the last cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop” on eBay for $250. The cupcake is “Birthday Cake” flavored and a picture of the receipt shows the cupcake was purchased at the 42nd Street store in New York City at 2:43 p.m. on Monday.
The seller called it the “Holy Grail” of cupcakes, and encouraged buyers to “bid on this still-delicious soon-to-be relic, and you’ll be able to tell your grandchildren that you devoured the last Crumbs cupcake.”
So far, the cupcake only has one bid. But it isn’t the only Crumbs item for sale online — another intrepid eBay user is selling a box of three Crumbs cupcakes for $275—quite the deal in comparison. This box includes a red velvet cupcake, a cookies and cream and a peanut butter.
Its description reads: “Crumbs bake shop closed its doors forvever today so gets them while they last and share them with the ones you love.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement