Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, July 9.
President Barack Obama travels to Texas after asking Congress for $3.7 billion for immigration reform, but Governor Rick Perry won’t be there to greet the POTUS on the tarmac.
The Red Cross has begun its first relief airdrops in decades, offering aid in South Sudan as the still-new country marks its third independence day.
And finally, the beautiful game got ugly for Brazil. Watch the faces of pure heartbreak as soccer super-fans come to grips with their team’s historic defeat.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World