Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, July 9.
President Barack Obama travels to Texas after asking Congress for $3.7 billion for immigration reform, but Governor Rick Perry won’t be there to greet the POTUS on the tarmac.
The Red Cross has begun its first relief airdrops in decades, offering aid in South Sudan as the still-new country marks its third independence day.
And finally, the beautiful game got ugly for Brazil. Watch the faces of pure heartbreak as soccer super-fans come to grips with their team’s historic defeat.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org