If you move quickly and don’t mind older technology, you can buy an unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple for a lot less than its asking price.
As AppleInsider points out, Apple is currently selling “Certified Pre-Owned” iPhone 5 models on eBay. The 16 GB version, in either white or black, is selling for $449, which is $200 off the original price. That’s also $100 cheaper than the current iPhone 5c, which has nearly identical tech specs.
Although the full price for an unlocked phone is more expensive than what you’d get with a two-year contract, you could take the phone to AT&T or T-Mobile and get cheaper monthly service. (Check out our wireless plan pricing guide; paying full price gets you the same discount as AT&T’s Next and T-Mobile’s Jump plans, but without the additional monthly phone cost.)
Apple was also selling the 32 GB iPhone 5 for $479 and the 64 GB iPhone 5 for $499, but those versions sold out rather quickly.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This