If you move quickly and don’t mind older technology, you can buy an unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple for a lot less than its asking price.
As AppleInsider points out, Apple is currently selling “Certified Pre-Owned” iPhone 5 models on eBay. The 16 GB version, in either white or black, is selling for $449, which is $200 off the original price. That’s also $100 cheaper than the current iPhone 5c, which has nearly identical tech specs.
Although the full price for an unlocked phone is more expensive than what you’d get with a two-year contract, you could take the phone to AT&T or T-Mobile and get cheaper monthly service. (Check out our wireless plan pricing guide; paying full price gets you the same discount as AT&T’s Next and T-Mobile’s Jump plans, but without the additional monthly phone cost.)
Apple was also selling the 32 GB iPhone 5 for $479 and the 64 GB iPhone 5 for $499, but those versions sold out rather quickly.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State