Just last week, Joan Rivers walked out of a live interview with CNN, frustrated with what she deemed “very judgmental, very nasty, very opinionated, very negative”questions.
But Tuesday night, it was David Letterman’s turn to walk out during an interview with the 81-year-old actress.
As the late night host teased Rivers for her on-camera behavior, he suggested that perhaps the whole affair was a PR stunt to promote Rivers’ new book, Diary of a Mad Diva
. But Rivers said: “just the opposite.”
Watch the clip above for more on the exchange.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time