Just last week, Joan Rivers walked out of a live interview with CNN, frustrated with what she deemed “very judgmental, very nasty, very opinionated, very negative”questions.
But Tuesday night, it was David Letterman’s turn to walk out during an interview with the 81-year-old actress.
As the late night host teased Rivers for her on-camera behavior, he suggested that perhaps the whole affair was a PR stunt to promote Rivers’ new book, Diary of a Mad Diva
. But Rivers said: “just the opposite.”
Watch the clip above for more on the exchange.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement