Here are the stories TIME is watching this Tuesday, July 8.
Israel ramps up airstrikes on Hamas in hopes of ending the rocket fire spurred by the killing of Palestinian and Israeli teenagers.
Washington begins selling recreational marijuana as New York clears medical cannabis with heavy restrictions.
Typhoon Neoguri batters Japan with 120 mile per hour winds, driving rain and 14-foot waves.
And finally, stay off the streets of Pamplona. The annual Running of the Bull has flooded the roads with tourists, runners and dangerous bulls.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer