A bench in Amsterdam that was stolen after featuring in the movie adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars is now back in its rightful place.
The bench where Hazel and Augustus share a special moment went missing early last week, amid speculation it might have been pinched by vandals or TFIOS superfans.
But Amsterdam officials said Monday that the bench was back in its original spot, and officials confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that the bench is the same one that was used in the movie.
And that bench isn’t the only big-ticket movie prop to be stolen. Dorothy’s ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz went missing in 2005, John Travolta’s car from Pulp Fiction was stolen in 1994, and even some of Tobey Maguire’s Spidey-suits were swiped from the set of Spider-Man in 2001.
So don’t worry, Shailene Woodley fans– you’ll still be able to sit where she sat when you go to Amsterdam.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science