Singer Solange Knowles has apparently kissed and made up with Jay Z after “that thing” when she attacked her brother-in-law in an elevator, an interview with Lucky magazine suggests.
“What’s important is that my family and I are all good,” she told Lucky. “What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that.”
The incident took place at the Met Gala after-party, in the elevator of The Standard hotel in New York City. Leaked security footage shows Solange attacking Jay Z while her sister Beyoncé stands by. Solange had to be restrained by a bodyguard.
A few days later, the family released a joint statement saying: “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating