Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, July 7.
Tensions rise in the West Bank after six Israelis were arrested in the abduction and killing of a Palestinian teenager.
More than 60 Nigerian girls and women escaped the clutches of Boko Haram while militants were out conducting a raid.
Washington gets set to open recreational marijuana dispensaries but strict state regulations on licenses mean some pot shops may not have the supply to meet the demand.
And finally, duck! An F-16 at an English air show almost lands on top of spectators.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year