Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, July 7.
Tensions rise in the West Bank after six Israelis were arrested in the abduction and killing of a Palestinian teenager.
More than 60 Nigerian girls and women escaped the clutches of Boko Haram while militants were out conducting a raid.
Washington gets set to open recreational marijuana dispensaries but strict state regulations on licenses mean some pot shops may not have the supply to meet the demand.
And finally, duck! An F-16 at an English air show almost lands on top of spectators.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now