Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed is taking the stage at the 20th Essence Festival in New Orleans at 11:15 am CT.
Reed began his second term in January and has championed fiscal reform while increasing core city services. Reed has reduced Atlanta’s spending during the recession and chairs the Transportation and Communications Committee of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart