Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed is taking the stage at the 20th Essence Festival in New Orleans at 11:15 am CT.
Reed began his second term in January and has championed fiscal reform while increasing core city services. Reed has reduced Atlanta’s spending during the recession and chairs the Transportation and Communications Committee of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time