Georgina Haig will play the role of Elsa—as in, Frozen‘s snow queen—in the upcoming season of Once Upon a Time, ABC said Thursday.
Haig has previously appeared in the movie The Sapphires and, as Etta, in the TV show Fringe.
The news that Elsa would appear in the fairytale-centric show made a splash in May when a suspiciously similar looking woman appeared in the show’s season finale. At the time, executive producer Edward Kitsis told TIME the mysterious new character was definitely Elsa but that the actress who would play the newly-beloved Disney character had not yet been cast. The idea to include the character had been brewing for months, as it became clear that popular love for Frozen was not just a passing fad.
Frozen characters Anna and Kristoff will be played by Elizabeth Lail and Scott Michael Foster.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State