Even though the pair would go on to date for four years, The Notebook stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams initially fought during the romcom’s filming.
In an interview with VH1, The Notebook director Nick Cassavetes admits Gosling wanted McAdams replaced:
After a screaming match, the two apparently worked things out:
The pattern of arguing passionately and then falling in love sounds a bit like the characters they played, Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun. So keep stoking the flames of hope, fans–maybe it’s still destined that they’ll get back together some day. On a dock in the rain, we hope.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State