Jennifer Love Hewitt has a new job. The I Know What You Did Last Summer actress has landed a role on the crime drama Criminal Minds.
According to CBS, who announced the latest addition to the cast on Tuesday, Hewitt will be a series regular on the long-running show, playing an undercover agent, Kate Callahan, who worked for the FBI before landing a spot with the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
“We’re thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast,” showrunner and executive producer Erica Messer said about the hire in a statement. “Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season.”
Though Hewitt is no newbie to television — she starred in The Client List for its brief run on Lifetime, The Ghost Whisperer on CBS from 2005 to 2010 and got her start on Fox’s Party of Five in the ’90s — this will be her first time as a regular cast member on a police procedural. The new season premieres on Oct. 1.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now