Jennifer Love Hewitt has a new job. The I Know What You Did Last Summer actress has landed a role on the crime drama Criminal Minds.
According to CBS, who announced the latest addition to the cast on Tuesday, Hewitt will be a series regular on the long-running show, playing an undercover agent, Kate Callahan, who worked for the FBI before landing a spot with the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
“We’re thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast,” showrunner and executive producer Erica Messer said about the hire in a statement. “Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season.”
Though Hewitt is no newbie to television — she starred in The Client List for its brief run on Lifetime, The Ghost Whisperer on CBS from 2005 to 2010 and got her start on Fox’s Party of Five in the ’90s — this will be her first time as a regular cast member on a police procedural. The new season premieres on Oct. 1.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time