Fans of the ABC series Modern Family may never have laid eyes on the Iranian TV series Haft Sang — but they’ve seen it, nonetheless.
Haft Sang is a near-perfect recreation of Modern Family, shot frame for frame with the same stage directions, props and sight gags. But one thing is missing from the show in the conservative Islamic Republic: there’s not a glimpse of any gay characters like Mitch and Cam from Modern Family.
See a comparison clip above being shared on social media. No, you’re not seeing double. You’re just seeing what happens when copyright laws go flying out of the window.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow