Fans of the ABC series Modern Family may never have laid eyes on the Iranian TV series Haft Sang — but they’ve seen it, nonetheless.
Haft Sang is a near-perfect recreation of Modern Family, shot frame for frame with the same stage directions, props and sight gags. But one thing is missing from the show in the conservative Islamic Republic: there’s not a glimpse of any gay characters like Mitch and Cam from Modern Family.
See a comparison clip above being shared on social media. No, you’re not seeing double. You’re just seeing what happens when copyright laws go flying out of the window.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now