Fans of the ABC series Modern Family may never have laid eyes on the Iranian TV series Haft Sang — but they’ve seen it, nonetheless.
Haft Sang is a near-perfect recreation of Modern Family, shot frame for frame with the same stage directions, props and sight gags. But one thing is missing from the show in the conservative Islamic Republic: there’s not a glimpse of any gay characters like Mitch and Cam from Modern Family.
See a comparison clip above being shared on social media. No, you’re not seeing double. You’re just seeing what happens when copyright laws go flying out of the window.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time