Ever miss the days when tuning into Saturday Night Live was all you needed to do to get a dose of Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader’s amazing chemistry? Well, the upcoming movie The Skeleton Twins could be just the thing you’ve been missing.
True, the film’s premise — a set of estranged twins are reunited after they each experience a brush with death — is much darker than the usual SNL fare, but the trailer proves that Wiig and Hader, as the titular twins, still have that old spark. That dance to “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” alone is reason enough to check out the film, which premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival to rave reviews. The film, which was directed by Craig Johnson and written by Johnson and Mark Heyman, even won the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award.
The Skeleton Twins will hit theaters across the U.S. on September 19.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy