Zach Braff’s always been particular about the music in his projects, from Garden State to Scrubs, and his new movie Wish I Was Here is no different.
Braff asked singer-songwriter Justin Vernon, of Bon Iver, to write a new song for his upcoming Wish I Was Here, which is set to hit U.S. theaters in July. Some are calling the new film a grown-up version of Garden State, which was also written and directed by Braff.
Music Supervisor Mary Ramos told NPR that Vernon was immediately inspired when he saw the film.
Check out the song here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now