Tim Cook joined more than 4,000 of his Apple employees marching in the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade on Sunday.
Apple’s showing under the slogan “Apple Pride” was one of the strongest corporate presences at the annual parade that this year marked the 45th anniversary of the Stonewall riots credited with kicking off the gay rights movement.
The tech giant has long sided with the LGBT community, releasing a video in 2011 supporting the Trevor Project, a charity aimed at preventing LGBT youth suicide.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction