If you’re hoping to snag a job, then don’t just worry about updating your résumé. Make sure your Snapchat game is on point too, because a pub opening in Dublin called Sober Lane is only accepting applications through the photo-sharing app.
Yup, it’s true. The pub posted a recruitment ad encouraging applicants to “forget discretion” last week on Facebook and Twitter:
Owner Ernest Cantillon is looking to hire between 15 and 20 employees for bar, wait staff and chef positions, the Irish Examiner reports. He points out that “first impressions are everything” in his industry, hence this method of giving potential hires only 10 seconds to sell themselves.
It may sound like too difficult of a challenge, but we’ve seen plenty of people get impressively creative with Snapchat before. Who knows? Maybe one day even doctors and lawyers will apply for jobs through Snapchat.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time