A man in a Batman mask attempted an act that is literally the opposite of what the Caped Crusader stands for: he tried to rob an elderly woman.
This is problematic for many obvious reasons. The first: Batman’s bread and butter is stopping hooligans from stealing little old ladies’ purses. Secondly: if Batman really wanted to take the little old lady’s purse, he’d have done it.
Of course the actual story isn’t as simple as a Batman turned bad. According to Michigan’s Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office, the woman went outside to feed her birds Friday morning when a man in a Batman mask took her by the shoulders and asked if her husband was asleep while “gently” leading her to the back door. Unintimidated, the elderly woman told him that her husband was in the bedroom with a loaded shotgun. Batman quickly ran away, hopped the fence, and apologetically told the woman that he was just trying to get money to buy his children food.
Police have not found the suspect.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time