Some of you may not remember this, but back before HBO Go, before the DVD, even before the LaserDisc (yeah I know you don’t even know what that is, which, exactly) there was a thing called the VHS with an aesthetic all its own. Contemporary with the VHS, there was also a thing called the late 1980s/early 1990s when TV show theme songs all sounded kind of the same and all were totally mondo, dude.
The scratchy visuals and weird distortions of the VHS viewing experience were almost lost to history. Fortunately, we have the Internet, where saintly people do things like mashup a recreation of what a Game of Thrones trailer would look like in the VHS era with a righteously retro GoT theme song.
So slap on those bracelets, pour yourself a bowl of Batman cereal and get ready for a treat.
Holy cow, I’m old.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time