When we think of animal meet-ups, the image of corgis frolicking on a beach comes to mind:
A recent animal meet-up in Canada was the exact opposite of that. Every spring, the Narcisse Snake Dens of Manitoba, Canada hosts an event for 75,000 writhing snakes. Say hello to your waking nightmare:
According to National Geographic, the red-sided garter snakes flock to limestone caves for “mating balls.” What’s that? It’s an event in which:
Disturbing on just about every level. We’ll stick to corgis in neckerchiefs, thanks.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow