Updated: June 27, 7:44 a.m. ET
Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was escorted out of a Broadway show and detained by New York City police following allegedly disruptive behavior during a performance of Cabaret on Thursday night, according to reports.
“He has been detained. He is expected to be charged but nothing has been filed yet,” an NYPD spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. CNN reports that police said the actor had been drunk, disruptive to theatergoers at Studio 54 and lit a cigarette before being detained and led away in handcuffs. Police Spokesman Brian Sessa said LaBeouf was later charged with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.
Broadway songwriter Benj Pasek tweeted that he saw the actor led away in tears.
No one from LaBeouf’s camp has yet commented on the incident.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time