A 51-year-old Cleveland man died outside a courtroom on Wednesday, just minutes after a judge had issued his sentence.
Miguel Aybar, who collapsed in the hallway while handcuffed, was found guilty of attempting to restrain and kiss a 14-year-old girl, according to Cleveland.com. The third-degree misdemeanor charge for unlawful restraint carried a sentence of 60 days in prison.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday to determine Aybar’s cause of death.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color