As if gun safety wasn’t enough of a conversation starter, an organization called Evolve found a way to promote the reduction of gun violence with, um, dildos.
Using the widely known fact that kids have absolutely zero respect for privacy at all—they will open your not-so-secret drawer and play with your things—the commercial shows two mothers’ conversations rudely getting interrupted by their sons sword fighting with one mom’s sex toys.
Embarrassing, right? But not tragic.
“If they find it, they’ll play with it,” a narrator says. “So always lock up your guns.”
This isn’t the first time gun control has been linked with sex toys. In 2011, an adult store in Alabama had a Valentine’s Day promotion that allowed people to trade their firearms for store credit.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up