These days, it seems like just about every American is stressed for one reason or another. But which areas of the U.S. are home to the most stressed-out people? CNNMoney teamed with the American Psychological Association to answer that question. They came up with the major indicators of stress in urban areas and then broke these factors down into the following categories: economy and money, work, family, lifestyle and crime.
The major indicators included poverty rates, commute times, health status, family size and crime rates. An overall weighted ranking system lead to the following list, with the Big Apple, not surprisingly, landing at the top:
1. New York
3. Los Angeles
4. Riverside / San Bernardino
8. New Orleans
Head over to CNNMoney to see the full list of the most (and least) stressed-out urban areas.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color