There is a new Sk8erboi turning heads in Green Bay, Wisconsin: a police officer on a skateboard.
The self-proclaimed “Skateboard Cop” Joel Zwicky boasts a longboard with red and blue LED lights, an attempt to make patrol officers — and skateboarders in general — seem more approachable. “It gets us more exercise, and it also helps us talk to people because the squad is kind of a barrier for us,” he told WFRV.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow