The Memphis Zoo has banned a woman for life because she jumped the barrier of the lion enclosure to feed them cookies, the Associated Press reports.
Last week she was caught throwing objects into the exhibit, according to a zoo spokesperson. After climbing the barrier, she started singing to the wild animals about how much she missed them.
“I’ve never seen someone singing to a lion before,” witness Michelle Beasley told WMC Action News 5. “It was really loud.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart