Judging from the newly-released trailer for Downton Abbey’s fifth season, the latest episodes will feature — spoiler alert! — polished silverware, heavy curtains and the return of a dinging service bell. And a plot line about things “changing.”
There isn’t much here beyond sumptuous still life porn, admittedly, but series creator Julian Fellowes did offer one clue as to what viewers might expect: “I think it would be very unwise to do any more deaths because the viewers don’t like them,” he said, according to Glamour. Expect things to change, gently.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.