Ansel Elgort, the star of 2014’s The Fault In Our Stars, tweeted out a teaser for his latest movie role Tuesday.
The 20-year-old is set to take on the role of piano virtuoso Van Cliburn in the biopic based on the 1993 novel by Howard Reich, which tells the story of Cliburn’s formative years and his success, aged 23, at the International Tchaikovsky Piano Competition in Moscow.
Cliburn’s performance in the competition is said to have impressed Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev and led to an easing of tensions at the time between the United States and the USSR.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time