When Larry Shaffer returned from Afghanistan, he had no idea of the surprise awaiting him at home.
When Shaffer left, his high school sweetheart weighed about 260 pounds. When he returned after a year, she was less than 155 pounds. At the airport, Misty Shaffer, 25, just ran and jumped into her Army specialist husband’s arms. It was the first time he’d been able to lift her.
He said just one word: “Wow.”
Misty Shaffer said that she decided to lose weight because she wanted to surprise her husband and have a better life.
“I just sat in bed one night and was like, ‘I can do this,'” she told CNN. “‘I need to do this.'”
Watch the video above for the details.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time