A babysitter’s ill-planned burglary plot was foiled by a very wise 4-year-old named Abby.
Wednesday, or what Abby described to a Detroit Fox affiliate as “the worst day in my life,” two teenage men invaded the parent-free home. Among other goods, “The bad guys stole my kitty bank, they stole my iPod,” Abby said.
While the 17-year-old babysitter said that the thieves were two armed black males — one of whom suspiciously looked like the next door neighbor — her story fell apart when Abby “described the suspects as having peach-colored skin as opposed to having dark colored skin,” Sheriff Bill Elfo told ABC News. The babysitter almost immediately confessed that her boyfriend and a cohort had, in fact, been the ones who actually committed the crime.
All three involved were arrested. The innocent neighbor was handcuffed and questioned for hours, but was later released.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time