If you ever wondered why your parents really wanted you to be a doctor, this chart serves as a good explanation.
Redditor Dan Lin took data from the Bureau of Labor to create a color coded, (very) long chart that breaks down how much different industries pay. Health care-related professions (displayed in a subtle fuchsia) dominate the top of the list.
The chart also provides interesting information on whether you’re being underpaid in your field–you know, just in case you needed some fodder for leaning in to your boss this week. Click to enlarge for a closer look:
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working