It’s another big box office weekend for Sony Pictures sequels. One week after 22 Jump Street dominated the box office, Kevin Hart’s ensemble-cast comedy Think Like a Man Too claimed the number one spot this weekend with a $30 million domestic gross.
That’s more than twice the gross of the weekend’s other big release, Jersey Boys, which came in 4th place, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Clint Eastwood’s adaptation of the popular musical about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons earned only $13.5 million, and it attracted mostly older crowds: 71 percent of the audience was older than 50, and 84 percent was older than 35. Though its popularity among older audiences means it might have have a longer lifespan in theaters, its debut is still considered a disappointment for Warner Bros.
The weekend was also a win for Angelina Jolie — Maleficent has now grossed more than $500 million worldwide, becoming her most successful live-action film.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time