Stock markets again hit record highs Friday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average nearing 17,000 points and the S&P 500 above 1,960. Both indexes were up more than 1% in trading for the week.
Friday marked the third day in a row that the S&P 500 hit an all-time high, following gains earlier in the week. The index is up more than 6% this year. The Dow is up more than 2%.
The 17,000-mark would be an historic milestone for the Dow, which has seen a steady rise since it hit a 6,600 point nadir during the financial crisis.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears