Many soccer enthusiasts around the world sport the jerseys of their favorite World Cup teams, but only the most committed fans own a replica of the tournament’s grand prize: the FIFA World Cup Trophy.
The photos in this gallery feature trophy replicas owned by fans from different nations—some of the trophies have been hand-crafted, made out of materials such as gypsum and clay. The current version of the World Cup Trophy conferred on the tournament’s winner was introduced in 1974, and is made of 18-carat gold. The coveted statue, which depicts two people holding up the Earth, is 36.8 centimeters high and weighs 6.1 kilograms.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World