The mugshot of a strikingly good-looking convicted felon posted on Facebook by the Stockton, California police department has gone viral, winning hearts on the Internet near and far despite the man’s criminal status.
The Stockton Police Department posted the photo and several others associated with “Operation Ceasefire,” a multi-agency crackdown launched to combat “a recent increase of shootings and robberies in the Weston Ranch area.” Jeremy Meeks, 30-years-old and a “convicted felon,” was arrested in the operation for “felony weapons charges,” the police said.
His mugshot quickly went viral, racking up more than 50,000 likes and 6,000 shares as of this writing. The citizens of the Internet were able to suspend judgment on his violent past and his teardrop tattoo—which can actually have many meanings, though none of them are very happy—and just enjoy Meeks’ photo, leaving comments like “absolutely beautiful what jail is he in lmfao” and “He’s allowed one call, right? Call me jeremy! = )”
Lest you get too lost in those icy blue eyes, know that a spokesperson for the Stockton police told the Associated Press that Meeks is “one of the most violent criminals in the Stockton area.” The same operation that nabbed him also netted some pretty serious firepower:
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction