The mugshot of a strikingly good-looking convicted felon posted on Facebook by the Stockton, California police department has gone viral, winning hearts on the Internet near and far despite the man’s criminal status.
The Stockton Police Department posted the photo and several others associated with “Operation Ceasefire,” a multi-agency crackdown launched to combat “a recent increase of shootings and robberies in the Weston Ranch area.” Jeremy Meeks, 30-years-old and a “convicted felon,” was arrested in the operation for “felony weapons charges,” the police said.
His mugshot quickly went viral, racking up more than 50,000 likes and 6,000 shares as of this writing. The citizens of the Internet were able to suspend judgment on his violent past and his teardrop tattoo—which can actually have many meanings, though none of them are very happy—and just enjoy Meeks’ photo, leaving comments like “absolutely beautiful what jail is he in lmfao” and “He’s allowed one call, right? Call me jeremy! = )”
Lest you get too lost in those icy blue eyes, know that a spokesperson for the Stockton police told the Associated Press that Meeks is “one of the most violent criminals in the Stockton area.” The same operation that nabbed him also netted some pretty serious firepower:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time