When Ed Sheeran talked to TIME for this week’s issue, the full conversation ranged from his go-to karaoke song (“Pony” by Ginuwine) and what will happen to his puppet alter ego for his “Sing” video (it will be used again, and then he’ll eventually keep it at home in a display box), to dealing with a break up (writing a song beats crying at home) and worrying that his album will leak (if it happened to Kanye, it could happen to anyone).
And, of course, the infamous Drake-lyric needlepoint.
The “started from the bottom” stitch sampler was created by none other than Taylor Swift, and was shown to the public in the Sheeran-centric MTV doc 9 Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran, which premiered June 10. It caused some Internet swooning among fans, but Sheeran tells TIME, there weren’t any other crafts exchanged:
Sheeran’s new album, x,drops June 23.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve