Americans love to spend. We know this. But just how much are they spending every second of every day, and on what exactly? The folks over at Retale, a location-based app that aggregates weekly retail circulars, created a real-time graphic to visualize the answers to these questions. Watch the numbers tick swiftly upward, as more and more money is spent on everything from coffee to firearms to pet food to lottery tickets to doughnuts.
References are listed below the graphic. Of course, keep in mind that these numbers are ultimately an estimate. And if the graphic looks familiar, that’s because it was inspired by the popular Internet in Real-Time chart.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time