Tech giant Amazon finally announced its long-awaited phone on Wednesday. The so-called Fire Phone will be available July 25 exclusively from AT&T for $199 with a two-year contract. Among the many features announced: multiple front-facing cameras and software that can create interactive 3D effects on screen. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos likened the technology to the shift from flat artwork to artwork with geometric perspective before the Renaissance. Here’s a close look at what the effect looks like.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World