Tech giant Amazon finally announced its long-awaited phone on Wednesday. The so-called Fire Phone will be available July 25 exclusively from AT&T for $199 with a two-year contract. Among the many features announced: multiple front-facing cameras and software that can create interactive 3D effects on screen. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos likened the technology to the shift from flat artwork to artwork with geometric perspective before the Renaissance. Here’s a close look at what the effect looks like.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This