Ponytails aren’t just for… horses anymore. An abandoned, two-month-old squirrel is now living in the hair of Abby Putterill, the daughter of the owners of a wildlife sanctuary in Zimbabwe.
The squirrel, named Hammy, “was playing with Abby and he managed to crawl into her hair. He seemed to make himself at home and still does it now,” Abby’s mother Debbie says.
Given that squirrels usually curl up in nests, the choice of dwelling isn’t exactly surprising. It is extremely cute, though.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement