If you thought sitcoms were 22 minutes long, think again. This amazing ad for HelloFlo tells a full coming-of-age story (complete with beginning, middle and end) in just over 2 minutes.
It’s so great to see an ad that is both hilarious and insightful, and totally nails the awkwardness surrounding the first period. Extra points for resisting the schmaltzy “love yourself” messaging that seems to have infected most other ads aimed at women. Plus, a period starter-pack actually seems like a really smart product that young women actually need.
Watch it all the way to the end. The ketchup is the best part.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Charlotte Alter at firstname.lastname@example.org