If you thought sitcoms were 22 minutes long, think again. This amazing ad for HelloFlo tells a full coming-of-age story (complete with beginning, middle and end) in just over 2 minutes.
It’s so great to see an ad that is both hilarious and insightful, and totally nails the awkwardness surrounding the first period. Extra points for resisting the schmaltzy “love yourself” messaging that seems to have infected most other ads aimed at women. Plus, a period starter-pack actually seems like a really smart product that young women actually need.
Watch it all the way to the end. The ketchup is the best part.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow