U.S. soccer fans showed their support on Twitter Monday night after John Brooks’ game-winning header against Ghana. The tweet explosion helps support that the 2014 FIFA World Cup will be the most-tweeted event ever.
Midfielder Graham Zusi served up a beautiful cross from a corner kick, giving rookie Brooks the opportune moment to make his first international goal.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating