U.S. soccer fans showed their support on Twitter Monday night after John Brooks’ game-winning header against Ghana. The tweet explosion helps support that the 2014 FIFA World Cup will be the most-tweeted event ever.
Midfielder Graham Zusi served up a beautiful cross from a corner kick, giving rookie Brooks the opportune moment to make his first international goal.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now