Over the half-decade he’s served as a television talk-show host — first on Late Night and now on The Tonight Show — Jimmy Fallon has introduced a new generation to old-school hip-hop by giving the genre an unlikely mouthpiece: Brian Williams, the NBC Nightly News anchor who otherwise spends his time covering presidential elections and natural disasters.
By means of clever editing, which probably required some poor soul to comb through hours of news reports, the nation’s pre-eminent prime-time anchor has rapped for us Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and The Sugarhill Gang. On Monday night, Sir Mix-a-Lot joined that list. Judging by the audience’s laughter, it very well may be Williams’ finest work yet.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time