Over the half-decade he’s served as a television talk-show host — first on Late Night and now on The Tonight Show — Jimmy Fallon has introduced a new generation to old-school hip-hop by giving the genre an unlikely mouthpiece: Brian Williams, the NBC Nightly News anchor who otherwise spends his time covering presidential elections and natural disasters.
By means of clever editing, which probably required some poor soul to comb through hours of news reports, the nation’s pre-eminent prime-time anchor has rapped for us Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and The Sugarhill Gang. On Monday night, Sir Mix-a-Lot joined that list. Judging by the audience’s laughter, it very well may be Williams’ finest work yet.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now