Over the half-decade he’s served as a television talk-show host — first on Late Night and now on The Tonight Show — Jimmy Fallon has introduced a new generation to old-school hip-hop by giving the genre an unlikely mouthpiece: Brian Williams, the NBC Nightly News anchor who otherwise spends his time covering presidential elections and natural disasters.
By means of clever editing, which probably required some poor soul to comb through hours of news reports, the nation’s pre-eminent prime-time anchor has rapped for us Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and The Sugarhill Gang. On Monday night, Sir Mix-a-Lot joined that list. Judging by the audience’s laughter, it very well may be Williams’ finest work yet.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science