The Chancellor and me after the victory….. #selfie #dfb #poldi #aha #merkel #brazil #worldcup #moments pic.twitter.com/5jkTb2QjUI
— Lukas-Podolski.com (@Podolski10) June 16, 2014
German Chancellor Angela Merkel celebrated her country’s World Cup win against Portugal Monday by taking a selfie with team striker Lukas Podolski.
Merkel watched Germany’s 4-0 victory and Thomas Muller’s hat trick in person, having traveled to Salvador, Brazil on Sunday to watch the Monday matchup.
Merkel visited the team’s locker room after the game to offer her congratulations and pose for pictures.
Chllr #Merkel met the team in the locker room after the game to personally congratulate them! @DFB_Team #WorldCup pic.twitter.com/g2eIam8Ckw
— German Embassy (@GermanyinUSA) June 16, 2014
Team Germany’s next match comes Saturday, when it will face Ghana.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space